Our Sunday children’s classes at GNH seek to offer a nurturing and creative program with age-appropriate curricula, by emphasizing Unitarian Universalist principles and history, as well as other world religions and our Judeo-Christian heritage. Because our Religious Education (RE) program is fully supported by the congregation in spirit and substance, there is no fee to parents.
Elementary to Middle School
“Tapestry of Faith” is a series of programs and resources that nurture Unitarian Universalist identity, spiritual growth, a transforming faith, and vital communities of justice and love. “Tapestry of Faith” offers a vision shaped by these key beliefs:
- All people are lovable beings of infinite worth, imbued with powers of the soul. We are obligated to use our gifts, talents, and potentials in the service of life.
- We carry on our Unitarian Universalist religious heritage and are part of a community of faith that has value and provides resources for living.
- We honor our responsibility for the care and creative transformation of our religious heritage and community of faith
- We are moral agents who can make a difference in the lives of other people: challenging structures of social and political oppression, promoting the health and well-being of the planet, and acting in the service of diversity, justice and compassion
- We recognize the need for community and affirm the importance of families, relationships and connections between and among the generations.
- We appreciate the value of spiritual practice as a means of deepening faith and integrating beliefs and values with everyday life.
- Joy and Sadness are all part of our lives: hope, mystery, joy, healing, and personal transformation come together with life’s challenges.
High School Youth Group
The NHF Youth Group is composed of youth in the high school age group. The group is self-directed with varied interests and is guided by adult facilitators.
The group’s purpose is to share experiences and ideas, explore issues with one another, and contribute to our community.
Nursery (Newborn through Age 3)
Our paid caregiver, assisted by volunteers, provides a warm environment for our youngest members and friends in our beautiful nursery. The age mix and interests of the children guide the choices of activities on any given day.